Clinical Consultation for Therapists
Ongoing opportunities for peer consultation and support where therapists can continue to challenge each other, grow and stay current in the mental health field is critical for ethical practice. Dr. Salgado uses her background and experience in training and education and her clinical specialties to support other clinician’s desire to continue their growth beyond their clinical training. She offers consultation groups targeted to her areas of specialty (e.g., supporting Black, Indigenous and/or People of Color, working with the Latinx communities, integrating racial justice and liberation psychology in clinical practice, providing therapy in Spanish, trauma informed care and maternal mental health).
Please contact Dr. Salgado directly at DrSusanaSalgado@gmail.com if you are interested in a private consultation.
Consultation Group for Therapists who Identify as Black, Indigenous, and/or People of Color (BIPOC)
We will meet on a monthly basis for 1.5 hours. Limited to 6 therapists per consultation group. To best benefit from peer consultation, be prepared to discuss a case without identifying information and/or bring clinical questions. To make consultation groups accessible they will be offered through an online format for 2020.
Please note that this is considered professional development and it is not supervision. Fee per therapist: $55 per consultation group or a package of 5 consecutive consultation groups for $250.
Please email DrSusanaSalgado@gmail.com for inquires and details.
Dr. Salgado also provides assistance, and consultation to organizations and educational settings on:
- Cultivating Spaces for Radical Healing & Self-Care
- Burnout Prevention for BIPOC Professionals (e.g., areas of specialty are health care professionals, institutions of higher education, community leaders)
- Facilitating Courageous Conversations
- Responding to Traumatic/Tragic Event(s)
At the heart of Dr. Salgado’s values are community outreach and education. She has facilitated community workshops, presentations and community dialogues in English and in Spanish. She has presented to professionals on the intersections of mental health and culture, racial injustice, equity issues, Latinx mental health and creating a safe space for LGBT students on a college campus.
- General Mental Health Topics (e.g., self-esteem, anxiety, depression, mental health awareness and de-stigmatizing accessing mental health support)
- Intersection of culture and mental health, particularly, Latinx mental health
- Women’s Mental Health & Support
- Dealing with a loss/death of a loved one
- Maternal Mental Health
- Parenting Support
Training for Mental Health Professionals & Trainees
- Supporting First Generation College Students
- Utilizing an Equity & Culturally Responsive Framework to Support Students in Higher Education
- Student Mental Health
- Working from a Feminist-Interpersonal Framework
- Multicultural Supervision
- Professional Issues & Preparing for Post-internship
- Spanish Language Skills in Therapy